Meet Your Instructors
You'll learn from one of the most dynamic and well-respected energy traders and hedge advisors, Elaine Levin, President of Powerhouse. A 27-time course instructor, she has also successfully managed the books of some of the industry's largest fuel buyers. Benefit from her impressive track record for controlling costs by explaining in plain language exactly how to take advantage of today's risk management tools. You'll get hands-on risk management training from someone who lives and breathes this market day in and day out.
Fuel Supply Expert,
An 11-time OPIS course instructor, Dolores Santos is one of the industry’s most respected executives, with more than 35 years of experience buying and selling fuel for some of the industry’s most well-known petroleum products companies, including Wickland Oil and New West Petroleum. Before joining OPIS, Dolores was Director of Supply and Distribution for Flyers (Nella Oil Company), one of the largest and most prominent jobbers on the U.S. West Coast.
Hedging your fuel can be a daunting task – but it doesn’t have to be!
- How to identify your business’ risk, and a thorough explanation of the concept of basis.
- The vocabulary of hedging – what are the tools, and how do they differ?
- The differences between a futures contract and an option.
- The steps to take to set up a hedging program in your company.
- Which specific hedging tools will help you manage risk at the pump.
- How to use the energy market’s seasonal trends to your competitive advantage.
- Plus, gain new business relationships you can leverage for years to come.