The industry is changing. Wholesaling fuel is more complicated than ever before. Learn from the industry’s best how to be the best jobber!
Attend OPIS Jobber University
and discover what's really involved in taking your business to the next level. Don’t get left behind! For single or multiple station owners, and large end-users of fuel, there are many issues to consider when evaluating your business. We'll cover them all, including:
- Credit. You're not only going to need more of it from your supplier, but you're going to have to extend it to your new fuel customers. First you'll have to figure out, can you get the credit? How do you vet your potential customers? What happens if fuel prices skyrocket – will you have enough credit with your own fuel suppliers?
- Contracts. As a jobber, you must grasp how to draft a supply contract not only with your own suppliers, but also with your customers. It's critical that you know what should and should not be in a fuel contract, and really understand the federal and state laws that are relevant to your fuel supplier and your customers.
- Supply. Your supply requirements are going to change dramatically as you grow your business. Do you have enough storage to accommodate this increase? If not, how do you go about buying, or leasing storage? Is becoming a pipeline shipper in the cards for your business?
- Risk. Your buying profile will shift significantly and open you up to all sorts of new types of risk. We'll explain the different kinds of risk you could face and arm you with strategies you can implement to mitigate them.
- Growing your business. Get the scoop on how to find new customers and whether government bidding is right for you. You'll also learn how to market yourself in the highly competitive mobile refueling space, and strategies for dealing with challenging customers.
- Bonus! Come home with a point-by-point business plan that will make it that much easier to become an exceptional fuel distributor.
This course is also perfect for dealers who want to become jobbers.
Join us in Orlando for 2 days of practical knowledge on EVERYTHING you need to know to succeed as a jobber in today’s market.
What OPIS Jobber University graduates had to say:
This class is full of useful information and taught by knowledgeable speakers who all have a history in the business. It was a professional yet comfortable atmosphere with approachable speakers who covered the legal, financial and real world issues of being a jobber.
Helped me as a 1 year fuel business employee understand some of the intricacies of the industry – helping to make things ‘click’.
A great mix of first hand experience and organized instruction. The presentations will be a great future reference.
Very informative for new jobbers and those considering it.
Time well spent. Diverse group of participants from throughout the US and across the industry spectrum.