Coal Conference of the Americas Returns to Cartagena, Colombia in March 2019
This event, in its 26th year and organized by IHS Markit and McCloskey Coal Report, aims to provide attendees with the insight to succeed in a transitioning global market
Held at the Hyatt Regency Cartagena Hotel, this 3-day event draws on the expertise of the McCloskey Coal Report, the industry-leading source of benchmark pricing and market analysis for metallurgical and steam coal worldwide produced by IHS Markit.
Conference topics will focus on achieving business success amid the market forces accelerating change, including Europe’s shrinking demand, market expansion in Asia, shifting U.S. and Latin American markets, IMO 2020, declining coal quality and more.
The current roster of distinguished speakers includes:
- Guillermo Fonseca Onofre, President, Cerrejon
- Nathaniel Drummond, Chief Commercial Officer & President of Drummond Coal Sales, Inc., Drummond Company, Inc.
- Carolina Rojas Hayes, Vice Minister of Mines, Ministry of Mines and Energy, Colombia
- Juan Manuel Sanchez Vergara, President, Fenalcarbón
- Jack Porco, President and Chief Commercial Officer, Xcoal
- Otacilio Pecanha, Director, Negotiare Consultores
- Brian Van Kregten, Senior Coal Trader, Eneva
- Walter Wu, Vice President, Tai Fung Trading Co., Ltd, Taiwan
- Rod Hatt, Managing Director, Coal Combustion Inc.
- Howard Gatiss, Chief, Executive Officer, CMC-Coal Marketing
“The global coal industry is at a key inflection point,” says John Howland, IHS Markit VP of Coal and Publisher of The McCloskey Coal Report. “Changing market dynamics are creating new opportunities. This year’s Coal Conference of the Americas will provide attendees with the expert insight and practical strategies they need to compete and win going forward.”
Additional information and registration details are available online or you can contact:
Conference Producer, Energy
+44 20 3253 2418
About IHS Markit (www.ihsmarkit.com)
IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions for the major industries and markets that drive economies worldwide. The company delivers next-generation information, analytics and solutions to customers in business, finance and government, improving their operational efficiency and providing deep insights that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. IHS Markit has more than 50,000 business and government customers, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500 and the world’s leading financial institutions. Headquartered in London, IHS Markit is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.
IHS Markit is a registered trademark of IHS Markit Ltd. and/or its affiliates. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners © 2019 IHS Markit Ltd. All rights reserved.