Five geographic areas into which the United States was divided by the Petroleum Administration for Defense for purposes of administration during federal price controls or oil allocation. They are:
- PADD1: Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Vermont, Virginia and West Virginia.
- PADD2: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee and Wisconsin.
- PADD3: Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, New Mexico and Texas.
- PADD4: Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Utah and Wyoming.
- PADD5: Alaska, Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada, Oregon and Washington.