Day 2: Friday, November 15, 2019
7:30 – 8:30 a.m.
8:30 – 8:45 a.m.
Welcome and Opening Remarks
Dolores Santos, Fuel Supply Expert, OPIS
8:45 – 9:30 a.m.
State of The Fleet Industry – Where We Are and Where We Are Going
Bruce Blaise, President and CEO, Kenan Advantage Group
It’s hard to comprehend the myriad of challenges facing those that manage our nation’s fleets. Never has there been a time with more price volatility, concerns about supply, worries about the critical driver shortage, and another dramatic change in fuel spec regulations – the upcoming IMO2020 rules. This impactful presentation will set the tone for the event as the following key topics are analyzed:
- The state of the economy, its impact on fleets and fuel prices
- The economics of fleet operations today and tomorrow
- Driver shortages and their current and future impact
9:30 – 10:15 a.m.
2020 and Beyond – A Price and Supply Forecast
Walter Zimmermann, VP and Chief Technical Analyst, ICAP
In this in-depth review and analysis, delegates will hear from one of the industry’s most recognized forecasters as he details and examines:
- Supply – how will looming international factors (such as Iran) affect U.S. supply?
- Total operational capacity has been rising – will that continue?
- Prices – will crude oil push higher as we head into 2020?
- IMO 2020 – its impacts on both supply and price
10:15 – 10:45 a.m.
Network Refreshment Break
10:45 – 11:30 a.m.
The U.S. Truckstop Business – A State of the Union
Brad Jenkins, SVP, Pilot Travel Centers
This segment of the fleet industry has weathered enormous change – not only with consolidations, but also with operational dynamics. Hear from the largest truckstop operator in the nation as they dive into:
- Price and supply heading into 2020
- How consolidations of both suppliers and truckstop chains have impacted the marketplace
- LNG / CNG – current and future market trends
- Renewable and biodiesel – their long-term impacts in the composition of diesel fuel
- Changes in transaction companies and the ripple effect on the truckstop industry
11:30 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
The Changing and Ever Vital Role of Fleetcards
Randy Morgan, COO, Comdata
Join the recognized industry leader in fleetcards as they present a comprehensive overview of key issues surrounding this key aspect of fleet management including:
- An overview of the sweeping changes that have taken place in the fleetcard industry in the past several years
- Fraud – it’s on the minds of everyone. What is the industry’s response to this widespread problem?
- Security – it goes hand in hand with fraud. What is the industry doing to improve system’s so customers can manage accounts better?
- Changes in and more complicated buying methods
12:15 – 1:15 p.m.
1:15 – 2:00 p.m.
Driver Retention – “He Who Has the Driver Wins”
Norris Beren, President, Risk, Reward Consulting, Inc.
The ability to secure and retain drivers has become a critical tipping point for fleets and fleet managers. One of the most experienced industry professionals and award-winning authors will share his key insights on:
- Why do drivers REALLY leave?
- How to identify the threats in your company that may affect retention
- Pay – surprisingly enough, it’s not the major thing affecting driver retention. What other issues should you be focusing on in retaining drivers?
- Learn how to “rebrand” your company to create a waiting list of prospective driver hires
2:00 – 2:45 p.m.
IMO 2020 – The Good, the Bad and the Potentially Ugly
Andrew Lipow, President, Lipow Oil Associates
The term is on everyone’s lips and the deadline is approaching, but what is IMO2020 and what does it mean for the fleet industry? Join this dynamic speaker as he provides insight and hard facts on:
- What exactly is IMO2020 and why should the fleet industry be concerned about it?
- How will this affect the supply and price of diesel heading into early 2020?
- Logistics and distribution challenges
- Investment – what capital improvements are the vessel and refining industries making to be compliant?
2:45 – 3:00 p.m.
Networking Refreshment Break
3:00 – 3:45 p.m.
The Growing Impact of Renewables on Fleets
Jon Scharingson, Executive Director, Renewable Energy Group (REG)
Renewable fuels, like biodiesel, renewable diesel, LNG, or RNG/CNG are becoming more and more of an influence for those who manage fuel for fleets but the transition to them can be complicated. In this session, you’ll hear from one of the industry leaders who’ll share ideas and experiences relative to:
- Measures that fleets can put in place to assure product quality.
- Logistics – what do you need to know?
- Pricing outlooks and its effect on the industry
- Storage and handling considerations
Closing Remarks/Conference Adjourn
View Day 1