OPIS Spot Ticker
The OPIS Spot Ticker allows you to assess the value of all grades of gasoline, diesel and jet fuel in real time as they trade, from your desk or on the road. It also includes daily closing ethanol spot prices in 9 key markets with twice a day prices (mid-day and closing) in Chicago.
It's a must-have tool for marketers, suppliers, traders, brokers and large bulk buyers in today's volatile U.S. spot markets, including the West Coast.
Marketers use it to predict where rack prices are headed, so they can stock up in advance of supplier moves, or wait until price changes take market against an independent third party and view NYMEX differentials and calculated spot prices.
Supply executives in oil companies use it to set the prices of their rack barrels and monitor rack netbacks.
Spot Ticker Features:
- New! RIN Credit Prices - Monitor volatile Renewable Identification Number (RIN) credit prices regularly with ethanol RIN updates three times a day and biodiesel and advanced biofuel RIN updates each evening.
- Brent Crude Pricing - Easily compare Brent crude prices, the most commonly referenced crude in Europe, with WTI prices. Global market conditions have made this product increasingly more relevant - now you can track its movement right next to the existing WTI futures price for the front two months.
- 3:2:1 Crack Spread - Implied refined product gross margins calculated for NYMEX RBOB and heating oil futures versus Brent and WTI crude oil contracts, providing a quick look at profit margins based on today's prices.
- Additional Month of Futures Pricing - 3 months of prices for Heating Oil and RBOB are now displayed, giving you more insight into how the market is trending.
- Deal Log – Organized by market and then by product, the newly improved and easy-to-read deal log brings you greater clarity when assessing the value of where barrels trade. Follow the many spot deals OPIS confirms throughout the day in real time to give you an indication of where our editors are tracking the full-day range (unlike other services that only show deals that are done in a 30-minute window from 2:45 p.m. - 3:15 p.m. ET daily). We capture the key elements of daily trades – product, volume, market, timing, cycle, plus special notes. Go here to view a sample.
- Mid-Day Ethanol Spot Assessment - Get an intraday update of ethanol spot price values in the critical Chicago market.
- Real-Time Updates - Capture pricing updates as they happen - no more delayed prices.
- Live NYMEX Feed - Gain access to NYMEX prices in one convenient location throughout the trading day.
- Globex - See market moves after the traditional trading day has closed.
- Pipeline Scheduling - Get key pipeline scheduling times for even greater trading detail.
"As someone who buys about 35 million gallons of fuel per year, I couldn't live without the OPIS Spot Ticker. By following the bulk cash markets and timing my daily purchases, I have improved my margins tremendously over the past two years. Saving just 2.5cts/gal on one load pays for an entire month of the OPIS Spot Ticker! I highly recommend this product to anyone who buys fuel."
– Alan Meyer, Fuel Manager, Meyer Oil
"The Spot Ticker is working like a charm. As you mentioned during the trial period, it's paid for itself already! The other day when the market jumped up 8cts/gal, we loaded approximately 50,000 gallons ahead of the 6pm price moves at the lower rate. We saved $4,000 in one day thanks to the Spot Ticker. Thank you for your efforts and dedication to the customer. My faith in OPIS has been proven again."
– Mick Cairns, Vice President, 7 Oil Company
"I want to thank OPIS for introducing me to the OPIS Spot Ticker. I'm one of the little guys trying to survive in this competitive market. I consider the OPIS Spot Ticker to be one of the most useful price discovery tools I have and it has totally changed the way I purchase fuel. Knowing the spot price allows me to forecast the ups and downs at the rack and decide the best time to buy. This tool has been worth its weight in gold. I have referred the OPIS Spot Ticker to all of my friends (just hope my competition doesn't find out about it)."
– Jody Crotts, General Partner, Funny's C-Store